Yesterday we had our end-of-year presentation of certificates and party at CNLC. It went well thanks to the hard work (paid and unpaid) of staff and students and the active participation of everyone especially in the feast.
I recorded Carina, our professional cellist from Mexico playing 3 dances from Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites. She introduced her instrument, explaining that the violoncello is literally the violin of the heavens, (cielo in Spanish, of course). It was an odd choice of pieces for a group of people who probably had never heard the cello solo and live before. And she sounded quite nervous. Nevertheless she had a strong tone and she won me over: having struggled with the first two pieces myself for several years.
Here is one of them, recorded very roughly with the ipod perched precariously on the desk in front of her. The classroom was stuffy and overcrowded, and we had to leave the door ajar so that nobody fainted. You can hear the relentless traffic outside.
*********Pretty soon I'll work out how to put an audio in.**********
5 comments:
I was really looking forward to the recording, practice makes perfect
Hi Jill,
Welcome to the blogosphere. I hope it is as a rewarding experience as I find it.
Margrat is due a chocolate as soon as I see you next!
Thanks Anne S - I'm treating this blog as a learning process. I was most impressed with the breadth and depth of Cat Politics so I added a gadget to feed your latest posts. Until I saw yours I didn't even realise that common interests connect to huge numbers of other blogs! Mindboggling...
regards, Jillko
Hi Jill,
You should try composing your blogs in Windows Live Writer - a great free little program from Microsoft.
It's a lot easier to compose and layout your entry in Live Writer than doing it online.
Live Writer can be downloaded here
Thanks for your tip Anne S. I'll try that out. Now have you got any suggestions for embedding an audio player in a post? I followed the instructions from another blogger and I'm afraid its not viable (Quicktime).
Post a Comment