Whoa! Imagine my horreur when I went off to locate the Slide show for Storm chasing done a few years ago and found that Slide is going the same way as Bubbleshare. Look out: that's more work to replace those slideshows in the work wiki for the tired out Web2 'non-native' 'early adopter'.
All the memories of the trials and tribulations of exporting my visual-image possessions from Bubbleshare come flooding back to me! (This will be the second export and re-do process for four of the nine slide shows!) It pays to keep the original albums in a folder called 'CNLCwiki Exports' to save the bother of retrieving them from the website going out of business. I'll still have to create new movies and upload to Vimeo and embed in the wiki: blah, blah... hope it's raining on the weekend...
1 comment:
Oh Jill, how annoying for you. I remember how much effort you went to when bubbleshare went down. And now slide.
Actually i'd better take a look.. there are some of my photos that only exist in slide now, thanks to a disk failure. Thanks for the warning.
michael
Post a Comment